Sound output is an essential element when it comes to gaming. Sound can be highly powerful, particularly when used intriguingly. Without a sound, gamers may not be able to enjoy their gaming experience. Hence, when there are sound-related issues with gaming consoles like PS4, it can be a major hindrance. Thankfully, this issue can be fixed easily. When you encounter no sound issue on your PlayStation 4, then follow the solutions mentioned below.
Check the Connection
To look at the connection between the devices, follow the steps displayed below:
- You should disable the PS4 and the monitor.
- Then detach the power cord and HDMI cord.
- Then check the cords and the parallel slots on the devices.
- Now, reconnect the cords and ensure they are correctly inserted in the slots.
- Finally, reboot the PS4.
Setup the Audio Device Settings on the PS4
To set up the audio device settings on the PS4, follow the steps displayed below:
- Navigate to the home page of the PS4 and hit on the Up key on the controller to reach the function area.
- Then choose the Settings option.
- You should pick the Devices option.
- Go to the Audio Devices option and click on it.
- You should click on the ‘Output to Headphones’ option and choose the ‘All Audio’ option.
- Now, reboot the game.
Setup the Audio Output Settings on the PS4
To set up the audio output settings on the PS4, follow the steps displayed below:
- Go to the Home page of the PS4 and hit the Up key on the controller to reach the function area.
- After that, choose the Settings option.
- You should pick the ‘Sound and Screen’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Audio Output Settings’ option and select it.
- You have to choose the ‘Primary Output Port’ option.
- Then select the ‘DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL)’ option.
- Now, look at every format the audio device may support, then hit the OK button.
- Finally, choose the ‘Audio Format (Priority)’ option and pick the ‘Bitstream (Dolby)’ option.
Update the System Software on the PS4
To update the system software on the PS4, follow the steps displayed below:
- Reach the Home screen of the PS4 and hit the Up key on the controller to reach the function place.
- Go to the Settings and select it.
- Then pick the ‘System Software Update’ option and then pursue the on-screen steps to upgrade the software.
Restore the PS4 to the Standard Factory Settings
To restore the PS4 to the standard factory settings, follow the instructions displayed below:
- Reach the PS4 front panel and hit the Power key to disable it.
- Once disable the PS4 correctly, long-press the power key.
- Once you hear the two beeps from the PS4, leave the power key.
- You should connect the controller to the PS4 via a USB cord.
- Then hit the PS key on the controller.
- You have to choose the ‘Restore to Default Settings’ option.
- Later, hit on the Yes button and wait to complete the process.
- Now, reboot the system.
I’m Mildred kawakami I’m a software engineer living in the United State. I am a fan of technology, photography, and web development. I’m also interested in education and writing. Visit Our Site, find-address.com