BZ2 file format is used to compress only one file at a time, and the file format is generally used in UNIX and Linux devices. This file format cannot be used for compressing more than one file at the same time. If you want to compress many files on your system at once, you can use any other compatible tool. After that, you can get the final archive and then compress the same using BZIP2.
BZIP2 is not used as much on Windows 10 devices as on other OS devices, but if you want to open and decompress your BZ2 files on Windows 10, you can use several procedures and ways mentioned in this post. Here’s how:
Using Dedicated File Extracting and Decompressing Tools
There are many file extraction and decompressing software available that will allow you to extract your BZ2 file and then decompress the same. You can choose a reliable tool like WinZip. It’s one of the most used applications to decompress files easily on your Windows device. It doesn’t only let you open BZ2 files, but performs several useful tasks for you, like extracting several files such as TAZ, ISO, RAR, TGZ, TAR, IMG, GZ, etc.
Features of WinZip Tool
It can conveniently perform other jobs and file extraction tasks like managing and repairing Zip files with enhanced security tools.
- The software also provides robust encryption features that will ensure you that your data is completely safe even while compressing the same on your device.
- You can apply password protection to your files for extra security. Even if you are sharing your data online using email services, then you are also safe by all means if you use WinZip.
- Apart from the security tools mentioned above, you can also use a password manager on your device. It also makes sending large files possible on your device, if you want.
- It can also help you split your file into small sections without affecting the image quality.
- You can also manage your files in cloud storage services like Google Drive, DropBox, or OneDrive using WinZip without compromising with your regular work-flow. It also enables the users to unzip more than one file at a time with an enhanced encryption system.
Extracting BZ2 Files Using WinZip
If you want to extract your BZ2 files using WinZip, then these steps are for you:
- First of all, you have to ensure to save the BZ2 file on your device.
- Now, reach the Integration Panel in the WinZip and ensure that the extension of the BZ2 file is properly checked.
- After that, open the WinZip app using the Start menu.
- Then, hit the File option, followed by hitting the Open tab there.
- Next, choose the file or group of files from the compressed folder.
- After that, tap the Unzip option and select the location you like to save your file.
Extracting and Decompressing BZ2 Files using Online Tools
If you want to extract and decompress your BZ2 files on your Windows device, you can use online sites and apps. Here are the features you should know:
Online file extraction and decompressing tools also provide an easy way to extract and decompress your files on your device, especially on your Windows 10. These online tools run locally on your device as a browser that will make your extraction and decompression procedure quicker than usual.
There are several sites available on the internet that don’t ask for file limitations etc.
Note: It is recommended to check the site’s reliability and positive reviews for your data’s security because many websites don’t take the responsibility to keep your data secure by all means.
Using Command Prompt
If you want to use Cmd to extract BZ2 files and decompress the same, then you are in the right place. Follow all the steps carefully:
- Initially, hit the Start menu and then search for the Command Prompt.
- Then, on the resulting options, hit the top option “CMD” and then choose Run as Admin.
- Once the Command window appears on your screen, type the following command:
- Tap the Enter key to run the command.
Once you have successfully gone through the above steps and procedures to extract and decompress your BZ2 files on your Windows 10 device, follow a suitable solution. You can use any of the tools mentioned above that suit your device like WinZip, CMD, or a compatible online resource to open and decompress the files easily.
I’m Mildred kawakami I’m a software engineer living in the United State. I am a fan of technology, photography, and web development. I’m also interested in education and writing. Visit Our Site,shootk.com