MacBook Air is one of the most preferred products developed by Apple in its laptop series. It has a massive SSD storage capacity. MacBook Air has the latest M1 chip with high tech features like Retina Display, Dual Thunderbolt 3 Ports. The product provides a big battery with the capacity to run up to 18 hours. Apple estimates with dull screen brightness and light web usage. Sometimes users face several issues like battery draining quickly or not performing well as expected. If that’s the case also with you, then this post will be definitely beneficial for you in removing this issue.
Here are the steps to follow if you want to fix battery life problems or such issues on your MacBook Air:
Allow your Device to Complete the Setup Process
In case you are setting up a new Mac or want to restore your current device, then your system will go through the primary setup procedure for a little bit of time once you have configured it properly. The battery draining issues might be due to Spotlight indexing.
If you want to fix this annoying issue, it is recommended to plug the laptop into a stable power source. Once the indicator shows full charge, unplug the device from the socket and start using it normally. Now your MacBook Air will perform as usual.
Restart Your MacBook Air
Restarting helped most of the MacBook users to detect and remove battery problems. If you have battery issues on your device, then you need to check the system properly. It might be due to a bad/ corrupted app or data.
Restart the device to remove these annoying glitches from your device. Here’s how:
- Tap the Apple menu located at the top-left edge of your screen.
- Then, press the Restart option.
- Hit the tab Restart from the pop-up window for the verification process.
- Once your device is successfully rebooted, try to check if the battery draining issues have been fixed or not? If your answer is No, then follow the next procedure.
Running all The System Updates
Most of the latest Apple laptops are running with recent and updated OS and system software. If your device is performing slower than usual, then check for any pending updates. If any, then update your device to the latest macOS for better optimization and updated features. Ensure that third-party apps and your operating system are properly updated to the newest version for smooth functioning.
Here are the steps to know how to update your device with the latest software:
- Initially, open the App Store on your device.
- Then, hit the Updates tab by navigating the side section menu.
- Now, tap on the Update option located just after every app you want to update. You can also tap the Update All option to run all the pending updates.
- You may be asked for your Apple ID or admin password. Type all the asking details.
- For third-party apps, you can reach the Menu bar and then search for the option Check for Updates by navigating the app menu or the help menu panel.
Note: Do not leave any update incomplete; it affects your battery performance and device entirely. After a successful OS update, check that your device and battery are working normally and smoothly.
Running Down the Battery
The most popular and easiest method to solve any battery issues is running down the device and then charging it again until it becomes full. It’s the easiest way to check and monitor battery draining problems.
- If you want to try this battery fixing method, you need to use your laptop until it turns off.
- Once the battery is empty, then connect the MacBook to a stable power source, keep it connected and wait for some time until you get your Apple laptop fully charged. Eject the power cable from the power source and start using the device.
- Now, monitor the battery icon regularly and check that your system’s battery is still draining abnormally or showing the similar issue. If Yes, then follow the other fixes mentioned below.
Checking Power Consumption of Your Installed Apps
To monitor and check for the power-consuming apps, Apple has launched a new feature called “battery shame.” It shows you the details of power-craving applications. To know the apps consuming more power, you need to hit the Menu bar. It will give you the details of the apps and programs, using a significant amount of energy.
Increasing Battery Life
If your battery is in good condition, but still you are facing unusual battery issues, then there might be some tools and apps behind it. Turn off all your running activities on your device and experience the change. Here are the steps:
- First of all, turn your display brightness down to the minimum.
- Now, switch off the Wi-Fi you don’t need.
- Disconnect speakers and use headphones if you want to listen to music or audio.
- Open the System Preferences section and then launch the Energy Saving section. Then, enable AGS (Automatic Graphics Switching) and let your hard disc to sleep when possible.
- Try quitting unnecessary apps running in the background so that they don’t consume more battery power.
Battery draining has become an annoying issue nowadays, but repairing battery issues is possible using several methods. If you have a MacBook Air and are experiencing the same battery draining issues. In that case, you have several fixing steps like rebooting, running down and charging the battery again, updating to the latest software update, checking power issues, and removing glitches like unnecessary apps and files, etc. Follow all the steps and make your device a smooth running laptop without battery problems.
I’m Mildred kawakami I’m a software engineer living in the United State. I am a fan of technology, photography, and web development. I’m also interested in education and writing. Visit Our Site,findmeaddress.com